Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, January 15, 2012

and I thought I had it bad....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Here I am feeling sorry for myself. Disliking the decisions that I have made in the past. Then I stumble upon this post and realize...suck it up! It could be a lot worse. 

I cannot imagine the pain a mother feels when she has to bury a child. That is a pain that I never, ever want to have to experience. I have read in many blogs of this happening, I have personally seen this happen to my husband's aunt. She lost 2 of her 4 children, 6 years apart. How does a mom go on? 

Yes, I am depressed because 2 of my 4 children do not live with me. They live out of state with their dad and step-mom. My heart aches for them daily. They are the first things on my mind when I wake up and the last things on my mind when I fall asleep each night. I hate that I cannot kiss them goodnight every night. I hate that I cannot wake up and smell their morning breath, I hate that they aren't in my home with me. But, I now realize after God leading me to this blog tonight, that I am one of the lucky ones. I am a mom who still has all of her children! 

I was feeling sorry for myself tonight. I was hating life, feeling angry and I ended up getting out of bed to come blog. I knew that blogging about my feelings would help. Then, I came across the blog that I mentioned above and said to myself, "well if that wasn't a sign from God, I don't know what is." God obviously had me get out of bed and read this for a reason. He wanted to remind me of my blessings, and to pray for those who need it the most right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment