Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kissing my sleeping baby

I just went into your bedroom to shut your television off because you had finally fallen asleep. I looked over at you sleeping, and you looked so peaceful. I bent down and kissed your sweaty little forehead and rubbed your head. All of the sudden a thought came racing into my head and I was just flooded with emotions. I am so lucky to have you in my life Nolan Carter Geist. You are such a joy in our lives. You make daddy and I smile and laugh everyday. You are such a bright child. You amaze us with your talents at such a young age. We sure are proud to say that you are all ours!

There are days that you make me angry, there are days that you make me cry, there are days when I just need to leave and take a mommy time out, there are days when I ask God "why is he so stubborn?" No matter how many of these bad days I have, the good days outnumber the not so good days. I wouldn't change a thing.

I love how at 5:50 in the morning you come to my side of the bed and say "it's morning time, the sun is out mommy."

I love how you tell me that you are going to marry me when you grow up. I look forward to receiving my lifesaver engagement ring.

I love how you tell me "mama you're my friend."

I love how you give me 100 kisses a day. Sometimes they can be a little wet, but one day it won't be cool to kiss mom, so I will take them while I can.

I love how you ask me if I am happy when you know that I maybe upset about something.

Nolan Carter Geist...I love you! And yes I am happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment